The Smith Institute is experienced in developing public policy and outlining areas for reform. With experience of working within government the Institute brings these insights into developing new ideas and improving current systems.
Drawing on expertise across several policy areas, the Institute’s work seeks to understand what is working well and areas for improvement. By doing so we aim to identify policy gaps and what reforms are needed.
This work draws on the expertise and insights of ptractitioners as well as using quantitative analysis to understand policy challenges and costs and benefits of intervention.
This research is supplemented by the Institute’s political expertise to understand the political feasibility of reforms and the public’s views of change.
This enables the Institute to develop policies that address real problems, are politically feasible, practically implementable, offer value for money and deliver impact.
- Experience and insights into the policymaking process
- In-depth knowledge of public policy across specific policy areas
- Detailed understanding of the political dynamics and public opinion
- Engaging policy makers, practitioners and experts when developing policy recommendations
- Experience and expertise in scrutinising existing policies and developing and road-testing new ideas